Starts: 01.07.2014 at 08:45
Ends: 04.07.2014 at 16:00
This seminar covers the European patenting process as a whole, from filing via search and examination to grant, followed by opposition and appeals. It looks at the "big picture" as well as at the main issues associated with each step of the European granting procedure. Participants will receive a detailed insight in each step of the granting procedure, as well as presentations on some important decisions of the EPO's boards of appeal and on the status of the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court
· Filing of a European patent application: minimum requirements
· The search and examination procedure at the EPO
· Post-grant: the opposition procedure at the EPO
· The interlocutory revision process at the EPO
· Boards of appeal and the appeals procedure
· A selection of recent decisions of the boards of appeal
· The Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court
On completion of this seminar, participants will have a clear understanding and knowledge of the legal and practical aspects of the patenting process for European applications; furthermore, participants will be aware of the basics of the future Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court.
Participants must have sufficient knowledge of the patent system and a very good command of English, both orally and in writing.
Will be announced with the confirmation mail.
Ms Gülsemin Bal
European Patent Academy
European Patent Office
Bob-van-Benthem Platz 1
Tel. +49 (0)89 2399-2575
Deadline for registration is over.