Starts: 24.06.2014 at 08:45
Ends: 26.06.2014 at 16:00
This seminar provides an in-depth training on strategies for search and examination in the field of pharmaceuticals, as well as an insight into classification in this field. A focus is set on search concepts and strategies to be used with the search tools, in particular EPOQUE Net, as well as upon substantive examination. Practical examples related to assessment of novelty, inventive step, clarity, unity and sufficiency of disclosure in the field of pharmaceuticals will be discussed. Reference to related EPO case law will be made. Participants will improve their practical skills and knowledge in dedicated practical exercises. Different complex scenarios associated with the assessment of novelty and inventive step will be discussed, including the above mentioned special cases. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss related topics with EPO experts.
Staff of the NPOs of the EPO member states.
On completion of this seminar participants will
· be familiar with the particularities and the jurisdiction of the EPO in the field of pharmaceuticals,
· be able to perform an efficient search and examination in this field
· be aware of the theory and practice of novelty and inventive step assessment, and have practical experience and secure skills on how to make efficient use of the criteria used for the determination of novelty and inventive step,
· be able to confidently apply the problem-solution approach for the assessment of inventive step,
· be aware of the EPO case law in the field of pharmaceuticals.
Patent Office of the Republic of Poland
Al. Niepodleglosci 188/192
Conferences & events officer
Dir. 5.4.4 Institutional Strengthening
European Patent Office
Patentlaan 2 | 2288 EE Rijswijk | The Netherlands
Tel. +31 70 340 2826
Mobile +31 642468889
Participants must have a minimum of 4 years of patent examination experience in the field of pharmaceuticals or in a related field. Furthermore, a good command of English, both orally and in writing, is expected.
Deadline for registration is over.